Check your Septic System
2nd Sep 2019
- When was the last time you serviced your septic system? It is important that Owners of septic tanks maintain & have their septic systems checked regularly.
- Environmental Septic Waste Water Systems require regular quarterly servicing, by a qualified plumber, to meet Council requirements and manufacturer’s warranty.
- Identify if there are bad smells when you’re near the septic tank. This will indicate problem/s are occurring.
- Septic tanks should be inspected regularly and may need to be pumped out every three to five years. In some circumstances this may require a more frequent schedule than this, depending on how many people live in the property.
- Prune gardens, greenery and grass around your septic systems to stop parasites and rodents entering.
- Trim back trees to stop the growth of roots.
- In some circumstances, your septic system may just need replacing.
- Make sure your septic system is maintained and clear of debris on a regular basis, so qualified plumbers can access and service it in a safe environment.